Friday, August 19, 2011

Motorola T505 Bluetooth Portable In-Car Speakerphone


I recently bought a 2008 Cadillac CTS. It is the best car I have driven to date, but the biggest problem it has is that all vehicles manufactured prior to April 2008 have no bluetooth. This is the first car I have owned without bluetooth installed since the technology first became available. Since I run a business and constantly use the phone in my car, I scrambled to find the perfect device.

Right now the two most popular BT devices are the Blueant Supertooth Light and the Motorola T505. It was a tough choice which way to go but I chose the Motorola because it had FM transmitting capability.

The one thing that is misleading about the pictures depicted of this device on Amazon is its size. I was amazed to see just how small the T505 is. It comes with a very strong clip that secures itself on the visor, and it easily slides on and off whenever you need to remove the T505 for charging purposes.


The included car charger is worthless for most because who wants that cord dangling from the visor? What is visibly absent here is a wall charger. I can't really get upset about this as it does have a USB socket that allows you to plug your device in your computer's USB port for charging.

Pairing was easy. Hold the Power button down for a few seconds (you may have to press PLAY as well) and the T505 goes into pairing mode. My iPhone immediately recognized the device and once you type in 0000 you are instantly paired. No need to pair the phone each time you enter the vehicle.

For best results make sure the bluetooth volume is all the way up on your phone. This will provide the loudest results from the built-in T505 speakerphone.

My first call came today while I was driving. A british voice announced the incoming phone number. I simply pressed the front PLAY button and the call was connected. Speakerphone was crisp and loud. It was pretty incredible as far as the overall voice quality. People sitting in the back seat would have no problem hearing or joining in the conversation. The caller said I sounded great on his end and would never have guessed that I was talking on a speakerphone.


Press the FM locator button on the back of the unit and a British voice will announce a vacant FM channel that is available for you to tune and have your call directed to. Directing the call to FM produced a rather good quality call though slightly fuzzy.

I would not hesitate to recommend this device to anyone looking for the most ideal bluetooth solution for their vehicle. For portable hands-free bluetooth, this is about as good as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment